Friday, November 16, 2007

Something New

Something other than states anyway.

In the process of getting over the flu or whatever the heck it is, I've acquired a nasty amount of fluid in my left ear deafening me. Grrreat. I can actually hear now to a degree, but I have a nasty unbalance and some pretty sharp pains in the ear. In othernews, this seems to be one of those days I can't get good tone. I haven't attempted to play guitar because I can't make my amp sound good. Even my acoustic is being a rebel. Whatever, I'm going to Andy's in about an hour anyway. I was listening to the radio this afternoon, and I heard a cover of Mannish Boy by Muddy Waters done by the Rolling Stones. Well....-shudders- Jagger is rather talented at being an...."effeminate....something or other. " I should have written it down. Tueting said something great about him. Anyway. He's great at that. He SUCKS at blues. LOOOOREEEED! Oh god....shut up, your screeching is hurting my ears. NAW WEN I WUZ A YUNG BOI! No mick....no. MY MAMMA SAIIIIEID I'Z GONNA BE....DA GRRRREATEZT MAAIN ALIVVV!
His voice....can't do the blues. Think of a nasally....bat. He didn't the typical phrasings such as "main" for man....but his voice was just.... screechy. But then again, I'd like to hear B.B do thrash. Although he'd probably be better than some of todays bands. CoughslipknotCough. Although Jim is one hell of a guitar player.

Still working on trying to rewire my guitar. I need to go get an old pick guard, and two cheap switches. Then I can try. Two small switches at that. Although some modded strats do look pretty cool....like Erics. Hey if Ben is reading this....what the hell is the attraction of metal players to telecasters. John 5, Jim Root. John's can't even be called a Tele anymore, and Jim's has two freaking EMG's in it. El Hefe.....actually he's kind of punk. But still. A tele? Get a metal guitar. I can't see a bolt on, alder single cut guitar being used for metal...thrash none the less. Harrumph. I guess you can use anything for metal now-a-days. Although Jim said his custom wasn't just for metal. Hmm... it has EMG's in it. Metal? mmm yes. Although...I'd kill for some EMG single coils, because they're amazing.

It sucks that attenuators cost 300$, cause I definitely want one at some point. I figure even if I get one of those bandmasters, or another old fender, or some other low watt amp, it'll still be too loud to crank safely. So why not get.....40 watts and an attenuator? Cause a cheap one costs 300. Blah! I do NEED to get one at some point. Or crawl back to solid state. NEVER!

No comments: