Friday, August 17, 2007

First Day

Today was the first day of practice I managed to haul myself to at 6 in the morning. Although I tried yesterday....but no one was there. This is the first time in about 5 years, that on the first day of practice I haven't wanted to quit outright. Of course I choose the day we have a workout as my first day. For a long while I was sticking with the lead pack. Bair, Goldie, Banks, And Dan, but when the actual workout started I dropped behind. What can I expect, they've all been at practice for almost 2 weeks now. Goldie and I went out and got slurpees at 7/11 right after practice, and sat in his car listening to Tenacious D and Queen and all manner of weird bands. Until a thuggish guy got out of his old car, with dread locks and bright red clothes, glared at us, and walked inside. That's when we decided it may be time to go.

Practice left me pretty tired, andI've tried taking a nap today but I can't seem to fall asleep. I had actually slipped out of consciousness when the bloody phone rang. With a curse I threw off my covers and went to answer it. It was the newstreak asking me what I did this summer. Still slightly dazed I responded. Went to camp. And she stammered for a second, then asked where, and proceeded to ask my questions. It was over in a flash, and I stood there with the phone buzzing in my ear. Grr... back to bed.

But I can't sleep.... so I'm sitting here. Listening to what Ben and I did yesterday. Not bad....


www.purevolume.com/zachben

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eep! i didn't mean to wake you up!

Alexander Initiative said...

Orange Hair! Do you remember Orange Hair from freshman year?

Zach said...

Yeah I do hahahahhaha

AWWW HAIL NO