Grrrr
After 4 super tylonal(sp) since last night, I still have a fucking headache. But I'm being called to go play soccer. I think I'll just watch. I still hate Much Ado...but people are making me feel better. I have like 88 monologue like lines though. Greeeat. First rehearsal today. Here we go.

2 comments:
It's Tylenol, and I'm sorry soccer didn't work out for you.
Good luck with that monologue.
OK, so I am reading synopses of Much Ado. Damn, it is complicated, trying to keep track of all the characters, and what they are doing. But, it is beginning to make sense - unlike when I saw the play cold, when it was just a mess. I might even be beginning to like it.
But, went to Wikipedia and this is some of what they had to say:
Another motif occurring throughout the work is the play on the words nothing and noting, which, in Shakespeare’s day, were homophones (that is, pronounced the same way). Taken literally, the title implies that a great fuss (“much ado”) is made of something which is insignificant (“nothing”), such as the unfounded claims of Hero’s infidelity. However, the title could also be understood as “Much Ado about Noting.” Indeed, much of the action of the play revolves around interest in and critique of others, written messages, spying, and eavesdropping. Additionally, nothing is a double-entendre, as it was commonly used by Shakespeare as a euphemism for the female genitals. Thus the title could be read as "Much Ado about Female Genitalia".
Hummm. :-)
Post a Comment