600th post.
I just finished my English writing SOL. It kind of sucked. The prompt was...really boring, and I had to work to get something out of it. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes to plan, and write two drafts, which isn't bad. I got to skip Chem today thanks to the SOL. Mr. White is probably going to be mad at me. Like I had a choice.
I'm really hungry again. I ate everything in my lunch except the strawberries, and I don't feel the least bit filled. Hmmm I just checked Nipe's site. Apparently I went to their last show as the Karl Rove. That's kind of cool. I really wish iPods were allowed in school right now. I'd be listening to some Book of Kills. It's really nice stuff to jam with because the music is relatively simple, and it has a good beat to solo over. I can generally figure out how to play one of the songs after listening to it and playing along once or twice.
I'm really sore. But still in the wrong places. My arms were sore yesterday, and then we hit the weight room, and I got really sore. My quads ached a little when I got up this morning; enough to hinder my walking, but not really that bad. Lunch is going to end in about ten minutes. I wonder what we're going to do in track today...It's a pretty nice day outside, I wouldn't mind going for another distance run. We're probably going to do stuff on the track though. Well, that's not too bad. I don't mind working on the track. It's really nice that I don't have to run faster than I want to keep up with the pack. It's the other way around. I can run however I want, and the pack is right behind me. I won't be so happy in a week when all my friends who went to states come back, because then I'll have to run fast again, but it's nice to be able to relax now.
My hands are raw from the warm ups we do on the track. They were actually bleeding yesterday, so I'm not sure how it'll be today. I'll probably wrap a bandanna around them so it doesn't hurt as bad. I like being the oldest runner runner around, although it does entitle doing some extra work. "Fichter, take them 12 minutes out, and then you can run back at your own pace, but keep a pack for the first 12 minutes." or "Hey Fich, take them to the weight room and show them the basic stuff." It's kinda nice. I'll have to give up my Captain type stuff at the end of the week. But at least it means I won't have to lead stretches anymore.
Just a few more minutes. I'm still really hungry. Let's see what Penton has for sale....

No comments:
Post a Comment