Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Get down....do you think I'm kidding? GET DOWN!

Bored in lunch again. I have first lunch today because we have some stupid SOL. JOY! Will it really take us the entire class? My only homework tonight is going to be studying for Latin, reading some chemistry, finishing...what's it called...the awakening, and reading a chapter of the Great Gadsby. Oh and whatever AP homework we happen to have. Like a chapter of Amsco or something. Speaking....I should check Tuetings blog. Blaaah nothing. Still nothing. I wonder if he's here today?

Okay, so Loughran ran us through core, sammies, and all this other crap in an attempt to make our core sore. Guess where I'm sore. My biceps, triceps, shoulders, and calves. Way to go Coach. It sucks because I can't lift my bag up. I have to like throw it on to a table and then pull it on to my shoulder.

I want Loughran to let us run distance today. None of that sammie shit. I wanna run DISTANCE. I wonder if he'll put me in charge again today. That was kinda fun. It'll only last for a week. But it was fun. I raised the action of my strat last night. It sounds a lot...It sounds more like classic strat bell tone now. I had it set to be a shredding guitar that I could sweep on easily. Now it's pretty hard to sweep, but it sounds great for blues and jazz. My PRS is pretty sweet for jazz too. Neck pup with the tone rolled off.

I've been looking into a JCM-800. I really like the tone out of them. Then someone had to go and recommend an Orange rocker30. Fanfuckingtastic. That amp is BEAUTIFUL. Well. It looks awful. I hate the orange tolex, but it sounds like GOD. The marshalll is sweet too, but the Orange beats the Marshall at it's own game. The gain is a little sharper on the marshall, which is what I want. The Orange has a really nice clean channel, but the Marshall has a decent one. I don't know. Worth saving an extra like 500 for an Orange and cab? Or getting the really nice Marshall. I'm sure I'd be happy with the Marshall. I like Eric's JCM-900 a lot. The 800's are supposedly a little nicer too. I'd need to get a...reverb tank though, because I don't think the 800's have em. They came out in the 80's! Come on! But they have a master volume which is sweet. I'll never use the gain channel. Well I might, but a cranked Marshall just sounds so much better.

No comments: