Saturday, April 28, 2007

Avenger

You, my friend, never cease to amaze me. I still wonder what first compelled me to request you as my friend back when I had a myspace, and to continue that by messaging you every night. Until eventually, you gave me your screen name. I still hadn't talked to you in person, I'd only caught glimpses of you. But as it turned out, I had tried out for the musical probably 2 weeks prior to discovering your myspace. And the next morning, the cast list for Seussical the Musical was to be realeased. I came to school early, looking to see if I could find my name anywhere on that list. I remember I was going to sit out in the cafeteria and read my book, which at the time happened to be Sabriel. As it turned out, when I made it to the music hallway a few other people were sleepily staring at the sheet, including her. I worked my way up to look at the sheet, and hey, look at that "Whoville: Zach Fichter-" "That's a really good book, you know?"
"Uh... oh yeah, Sabriel? It is really good." Hmmm I thought... hey that was her! Wow... she likes Sabriel too. We continued to casually message back and forth, until rehearsals started. I'm not sure how it progressed from there, but it did rather quickly. Until I went to see her right when rehearsal started, and took every opportunity I could to talk to her. I began to trust her more and more, and she quickly became one of my closest friends. One day, I was having troubles with another one of my very close, more than friends. And I really needed someone to talk to. Mmm...she's on. Maybe she can just make me feel better. We started talking, and I began listening to her advice, and I began to trust it more and more. Because it was always down to earth, and it was always a nice call to reality. And time and time again, when I've really needed that down to earth advice, she's come through for me. And once again, tonight, when I really needed some reassurance that there really was more than what I see, I saw that screen name pop up for the first time in weeks. And once again, you came through for me. And for that, I thank you, my friend. I love you too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avenger *is* an amazing and resilient woman and I deeply appreciate that she was there for you last night. I am sure whatever counsel she gave you was warm, witty, and wise.

el~ISA~beth said...

This is probably the sweetest thing i have ever

ever

read.

I love you Zach, and you too, Avenger.