I Fell Inside
Now I lay me down to die
I got to high, well that's all right
Some lives are better left unlived
Nothing left to give, well that's all right
Point the needle to the south degree
If I choose not to be, well that's all right
If my spirit flies away
If I die today, well that's all right
If you find me face down on the floor
Well I just couldn't take it anymore
The wound grew wide until I fell inside
The wound grew wide until I fell inside
The wound grew wide until I fell inside
I got to high, well that's all right
Some lives are better left unlived
Nothing left to give, well that's all right
Point the needle to the south degree
If I choose not to be, well that's all right
If my spirit flies away
If I die today, well that's all right
If you find me face down on the floor
Well I just couldn't take it anymore
The wound grew wide until I fell inside
The wound grew wide until I fell inside
The wound grew wide until I fell inside
"we're like dr. phil, with balls! okay"

2 comments:
You've been here before and you are learning to do it differently each time. I admire you for risking your heart and choosing to be in relationship even when it is messy and filled with tears and fights.
I love you!
Autobiography in Five Chapters
Chapter I
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost...I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.
Chapter II
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in - again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.
Chapter III
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I fall in...it's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.
Chapter IV
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.
Chapter V
I walk down a different street.
I love that series of poems. I've never heard it before, but it's perfect.
Post a Comment