I've got the sniffles....
Crap. I've got the "sniffles" as Justin called it when we ran last. It sucks. I spent 49$ of class by the trash can blowing my nose and the other 51% either freezing, or on fire. You have no idea how bad lemonade and orange juice burn a sore throat. Seriously, it hurts crap! Ah well.... Today, I managed to get my passion for XC back. I was thinking "I'm just gonna sit there at practice watching everyone work." But nope. Bair made me try to run. I love him for it.
We ended the distance part of our season and now we're entering intervals. He called out what we should be expecting to finish the intervals in. I knew mine would be absurdly slow seeing as I ran a crap time trial. Sure enough. 1:55 to run 400 meters. I figured since I was sick I should just go with it. Hah! I went at what I thought was a slow pace, fast enough for a 2:00 400 but slow. "...1:29, 1:30, 1:31, 1:32, 1:33 Z! "Holy God!" I thought as I crossed the line. "I was relaxing!"
I figured it was just because it was the first loop that I ran so fast and that I would slow down. "Alright Gentlemen, Le's go!" called Bair. I went out at what I thought was a little slower maybe the same and once again crossed the line in 1:33. Exactally the same time as last. To the second. I was so pleased with my self, but was afraid still, that I might slow down.
Three intervals later I was running exactally 1:33. Still to the second. In this workout the top group (varsity) was supposed to run 7 or 8 of these intervals and the lower group (JV) 5 or 6. I decided that on my 6th interval I would decide to go on or not. Finishing the 6th I was content to stop but Andy scoffed at me " What!? You've done 6, why not finish it off?" Well that settled it. I decided I was going to run the next ones all out.
Both of those intervals I was tired but I still came across in 1:34 and the last one 1:35. I had to know what running like that in a race would do to my time. Bair figured that I would be running anywhere from 18:00-18:45.
YES!! That was my goal for the end of the season, to run somewhere in the 18's. I'm so happy with my position in xc i could fly with joy.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
What's more. I have no known homework tonight. Yes. Just yes.
"All along the watchtower, the princes kept the view. While all the women came and went, bare foot servants too."

No comments:
Post a Comment