Sunday, September 24, 2006

Recollection.

I guess Friday and Saturday was my entertainment for the weekend becuase nothing seems to have happened today. School tommrow. Ugh I had forgotten about the monster called school. At least my homeworks done.
*****

At William and Mary on Saturday I looked back on all of my years of XC. I realized that I am one of the few who has run every year since 6th grade. At the moment the others are DV-Scott and Spark. Back at the end of 5th grade I had no idea I would end up running in 6th and sticking with it through all of middle school and so far half of high school. I think what made me want to run XC was when I went to pick Thom up from practice and I saw the team running as was like "hey, I want to do that." Every year since, I've had the living hell beat out of me. Waste of time? No way. I may not enjoy all of the practices at the moment. But looking back, I love every single one.

I guess I stuck with running because it's my way of feeling alive. I love the pain in running an I know it's a good pain. At the moment, I'm afraid of the pain, but that's starting to break. Last year I sought the pain and I paid for it. Now I've made a truce with my body. I deal with it to a certian degree, and I win. It's also a way of escaping everything that is wrong in the world. I've lost track of how many times I've been furious, or sad, or just a jumble of emotions and gone out for a run. When I'm done it's all gone and everything has balanced again.

****
Entreri?
Yeah?
I think we'll both get better some day.
Yeah, yeah I think we will.
****
Night
Entreri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you have XC. or running in general.

it really helps stuff.

10 points for it. :)