And How I Wished It Would Rain
y I was supposed to hang out with Serena but things got in the way, and we had to put it off. I decided I was going to go see her anyway. She was supposed to be down town around 12 o' clock. I looked down and my clock and it said 11:33. Hmmm.... I'll bet I can make that. I took off out my door and rushed for downtown. The run there was great, I didn't feel any of my cold, or any pain besides that. Run run run, cut the corner, gah, stop light, oh wait, go, you have time, good good, all right, down town...shady characters, bandanna off, what the fuck are you looking at, ah almost there, one more block ah there we go. Hmmm it was really nice and warm. The sun was out, a warm breeze was blowing by. Ah, waiting, it's not quite 12. I arrived faster than I expected. Ah, there she is. She gave me that look like what are you doing here? But not a bad what are you doing here... a pleasantly surprised one. We embraced with one of those full body hugs that always make you feel better. "Where are you going?" I asked her. "Home" she replied curtly. Hmmm... home I thought, her home is closer to mine than downtown is... "I'll walk you home." I said. She simply nodded and continued to walk. Today was a bad day to be a pedestrian. People weren't being very nice.
It would have been a pleasant walk back, if not for the hundreds of cars rushing by at the speed of sound. Slowly we made our way back. It wasn't a long walk, but long enough. As you know I've been feeling under the weather. Although I feel much better today. Running had taken far more energy than I expected. I felt my cough coming back, but I refused to let my self stop. I'm like that, I like fighting my own body. It makes me feel like I have my control because I can force my body to do anything I want. Now there are exceptions. I can't cure my self of a cold. But I run my self into the ground, so it's not expected that I'd get better. I can't push my body beyond my energy limits although pain has little effect on me when I'm in the right mind set. But slowly I felt my throat getting scrathcy. No. I will NOT cough. I had almost made it. We were very close to being back, we were one block from her street. And it hit me. I didn't want to cough in front of Tory, and I didn't want her to worry. But it came, and it came hard. It was a hacking cough, one that left me short of breath and doubled over in pain. It seemed to last for ages, although I know it was no more than a few seconds. As I looked up, I saw the worried look on her face. It was worry, mixed with care, and pain.
"Go home!" she told me "You shouldn't be out." I nodded, yeah, I guess it is time for me to go home. But before I left she gave me one of the biggest hugs I've ever gotten. It was a warm caring hug. And a long one at that. I'm usually the one who feels like hugs are never long enough. This was long enough, but by no means too long. I doubt it could ever be too long. But she wouldn't let me go. Thank you Serena, that made me feel a lot better. Much much better. Thank you. I was working on which way I wanted to run back, and I chose a branch off of the road she was on. It wish I could have run the whole way back through those back streets. But I knew I had to cross two major roads, and run down two more. I find it relaxing to walk the streets around Purcell. I wish it weren't so far away. Because if I run my two miles there, and two back, I only have about one more left in me on a relaxing run. Now I could walk, I could do that. Hmm, I'll try that.
As I crossed the street, I started running home and I looked over. 7/11. Hmmm.... you know. I wanna big soda! I decided to go in and get my self a 44 oz Pepsi. I couldn't run back with that, so I figured I'd just walk. It was a nice walk. Although the drivers got a little more invasive of my space. And people started cutting dangerously close to me. I didn't care, I just walked on the dead grass and brush, and drank my ice cold Pepsi. It was starting to get cold. The wind came from another direction. My hair went from being in my face to flying off behind my head. And that wind brought rain. Although I didn't realize it a t the time. I ran by two friendly drivers today. Both as I was crossing the street. They knew I'd been waiting nearly 8 minutes, and slowed to give me time to cross. One I expected to hit me. I'm sorry, but I have an innate fear of Hispanics in black cars, that ride 2 inches off the ground, that sound like they could go 0-150 in less than a second, that have tinted black windows. As I was crossing I was like shit, I'll have to wait here in the middle of the road. Nope. I took a look in the window, and he gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen, nodded at me and motioned for me to continue.Hah, that'll teach me.
Now I was on a safe road. Dogwood, my street, almost home. The wind picked up once again and flung an icy, wet, droplet of water into my face, right below my eye. And how I wished it would rain. But no. I was assailed by tiny cold drops of wet. And the wind continued to pick up, and whip my clothes across my body and sent my hair flying into the breeze. The wind numbed my body, and slowed my movement, but I continued to press on. Slowly sipping my Pepsi, and ignoring my throat getting dangerously scratchy again. As I was finishing my walk down dogwood, I made an unconscious decision and I cut around a car parked right in the street. I must not have seen the car but right as I rounded the corner, it appeared in my face. I flew back, forcing all of my muscles into overdrive to stop from getting hit. Yet it still clipped me. Nothing bad, I doubt the driver even noticed other than to honk and me and say "be careful!" It's nothing, just a clip on arm, so don't freak out.
Ah, there's my door. Slide the key ~click~ turn the lock, and I'm in. Ah, home sweet home. It was cold. Very cold. I ran to my dads warm chair and flipped on the heater, grabbing a blanket on my way. And here I stand. I figure it's time to start my homework. But I really don't want to. Two sections of history. Noooo problem. A page of Latin culture, less of a problem. I enjoy history. Very much so, but I don't enjoy study guides. Eh, who does. But I do believe it's time to begin. Thank you and goodbye.

1 comment:
I do love me a long blog post, like a little story.
Post a Comment