Sunday, October 01, 2006

Big Mega Post For The Day.

I'm just going to say today was horrible, all around, just horrible. I spent two hours in the back of a hot bus on the way to Oatlands after getting five hours of sleep. Do you know how hard it is to sleep on a bus seat? I know I've said I love the cold and I do, but this was just annoying. When we got off of the bus there was a small drizzle comming down and it was bone chilling cold outside. Sure I'll spend an hour to walk in the rain, but in all I spent about five.

As I said earlier I was drafted to run the A race because Jewl wouldn't be at the meet. What the hell. We were outclassed. That's all I have to say. It was just riddiculous. My first mile split was a 5:55 and guess what? I was in dead last. That's only a second slower than the fastest mile I've ever run. I guess when I saw the fact that I was in last I lost all of my spirit. I ran horribly slow the next mile and the third was even worse. Towards the end I didn't even have enough to sprint, I didn't even care anymore. Yeah, the last 100 I pulled out my strides and sped up, yeah I caught six people. But that wasn't a sprint and this is the first time in five years of running that I have not finished a race with all I had. All in all, I ran a 20:07, a horrible time for me.

This is, to me, worst of all. Had Jewl been there, and I run the B race, I would have come in first on our team for B and well up in the mix of things. But instead I came in 6th on the A team and tenth to last. Tenth to last! Do you have any comprehension of how bad that is? Yeah, yeah I had a bad race, so what? Tenth to last! Hell even if I'd run a PR I would have been 20th to last. Out of what, 400, 500?

When we got back and I got home it was time to get ready for homecomming. I didn't want to go to homecomming and now I'm not sure I ever want to go again. Jack-son and Worthy came over for dinner before we went to homecomming. Everything was great then, we had a good time, we ate, we enjoied ourselves. But then, it was time to go to the dance. Well, when we got there I really didn't want to go in so I just laid on the cement bench/courtyard/half circle thing and watched the sky. But when my "big sister" got there, she got her boyfriend to pick me up and carry me to the door. Guess I had no choice after that.

Oh, it was God-awful loud in there and it was all rap. Goldielocks and I stood by the door for a while until we finally moved on to get food. I'll admit, the food was probably worth it. They had a chocolate fountian and some cut out watermellons and pineapples filled with fruit. I found my self a table and really for the rest of the night never moved very far from it. At least I got to talk to some people while I was there.

I think I counted fifteen or so people who tried to get me to dance. It got to a point where they almost carried me. Well, they did, but the didn't get very far... There where random bursts of excitement like being mugged and dragged to the "dance floor" but otherwise I sat/stood alone and watched people and covered my ears. Four hours of it. Wow.

About half way through I met up with The Mad Hatter who I hadn't seen since the end of last year. We had a very loud greeting. "HATTER!" "WHITE BOY! ARTEMIS!" Hah I love that guy. At the end of last year he applied to EMU for their jazz program and got in. But recentally he has had to all but drop out because his father is sick and now he has to pay the rent. He's working night shifts and taking part time classes during the day. It amazes me how he keeps up with all of it.


And here I am, listening to the rain and typing my blog. What a way to start off the new month.

Night All

~Artemis Entreri

No comments: