Monday, October 30, 2006

These Are The Days I'll Remember.

These crisp cool autumn XC days are the days that will stick with me. When we run a small workout, nice and relaxed, just to keep our legs in speed mode, and we have a nice 15 minute cool down. Granted, we didn't take out cool down seriously. Goldie, Spark and I went around, rolling down the biggest hills we could find, and let me tell you, our high school has some hills. I felt care free and really young again. I didn't feel the burden of growing up, or high school, or anything for that matter.

Spark traversed off to the side for a second. Wondering where he was going, Goldie and I started following him. Flop. He hit the ground and started log rolling down the hill. Falling into a fit of laughing, we soon followed. I've just found out I suck at log rolling. I was doing some introverted spiral mix, tiger roll. Goldie stopped after he hit a rut and I stopped after I lost control of my body. But Spark rolled the whole way down. Man, we couldn't stand up for a few minutes. Next we went to the steep short hill out side of the tennis courts. Hah, Spark ran up and freely fell to the ground and rolled. He went soooo fast, I though he was going to crash into the bottom. There were places where hsis body was off the ground, soaring in the air.

It didn't take long for us to follow him. Wow, what a rush. I had lost all control of my body to the whims of the contours and ruts of the ground. As I started down, Spark tried to jump me, too which I reacted like any sane human. I flinched and rolled into a ball. Luckily, he missed me and I lived to roll another day. It's just that feeling, that care free feeling, after one has done that so many times they can no longer do anything but laugh. Laugh, and laugh we did. I don't even remember what we were laughing about. Probably some emo kid with a pencil, anyway, it's not important.

Knocking on the window for Grizz to let us in, he sent someone. Well, that someone took a long time. We finally chose to go around. It was a good walk. We had a nice talk and quite a few jokes throughout. When Gardenboy passed us he related the story of Grizzlies reaction to us not showing up. Grizzly: "Hey, did anyone let those boys in." Silence, total silence. "Oh man, where are they now." Hah, I love that. Silence. Hah, we made the impression of.... total silence. Yes.

Ahhhh, and here I sit. Doing my geo and listening to the concert for Bangladesh. Yes, I'm back to my regular stressful life. But it was good while it lasted. : )

2 comments:

Alexander Initiative said...

Ah, The Concert for Bangladesh. Beautiful ear candy.

Alexander Initiative said...

Your blogs give so much insight into XC for someone like me who has never ran competitively. I just thought I'd share that with you. I'd like to live in your house with you and your family Zach.