Wednesday, October 11, 2006

City County....Again.

Well, I should be leaping and screaming with joy and yet, I’m not. I came in 32nd at this year’s city-county meet which is decent. I managed to beat Jewl, but I think he just didn’t want to race. I ran a 43 second personal record bringing my time down to a 19:01. What the hell, I wish I’d known that. My goal for the season was to break 19 minutes. I ran 19:01. Damnit. Well, it’s still a really good time. I was also out sprinted by Spark and Goldielocks which sucks but they had a good lead on me already. Goldielocks must have run an 18:55 or something because there were 6 seconds in between me and him. It’s a very rare occasion that I’m out sprinted by someone I truly want to beat, but I gave it all I had, and all I had wasn’t quite enough. Oh well, I’m 7th on the team, I’m probably going on to the after season, I’m still varsity and well, the seasons not over.

****

Songs: Manic Depression, Jimi Hendrix

Crosstown Traffic, Jimi Hendrix

Outside of me: Sweaty uniform, pumpkin pie and my music

Inside: God damnit, why couldn’t I go faster.

Current pains: Every muscle I can’t think of.

Goals: Break 19, I was so close. Out sprint Goldielocks again.

~Entreri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Done!!
I TOLD you you owned.

You'll break 19 next time.