Run.
I went out for the first free run since summer I would guess. It was really nice being able to just go run for however long I wanted at whatever pace I wanted. It was surprising, the difference that is, between earlier in the year and today. I ran at a much, much faster pace and tacked an extra mile on to my normal runs. It was also the first time in a long time that it was almost to cold to take my shirt off. Almost.
For you runners who read this post, I have a question for you. When you run do you ever have a song or a musical count going on in your head? I remember when I was in 8th grade and I was in Concert Ringers I was always keeping counts in my head. One-two-three-four, one-two-three-four, one-two-three, one-two-three. and this year I always seem to have an AC/DC or Black Sabbath song running through. Well, just a line really. I actually have one more question which applys to runners who compete. Have you ever been running a workout or a race and though about stopping but never manage to? What stopped you? Was it a thought about someone/something better after everything was said and done? Or did you keep saying I'm going to stop at the next turn and never actually do it?
Ah, just random thoughts for the night.
Night?
Artemis.

3 comments:
I am not a runner but I do like to run. When I run I listen to music and usually that has a set beat which I run to. Running is always fun for me til you get tired and you start to hurt because then it's not fun anymore. What I try to imagine is someone that I like or something I look up to at the end of the race. Short, middle or long distance runner?
~Follow Up~
I'm a distance runner as well as a sprinter. I guess I've hit a point where pain is just an added side effect, I don't really notice it anymore.
Distance and sprinter? That's quite impressive I know most runners have perferences or do better in one or the other. I wish I had that effect then I would run forever.
Post a Comment