Monday, October 02, 2006

Stress, Stress.....Stress.

Would you find it stressful if you had an inquiry due in two days on a book you didn't have? Thought so. Well, you've gotta love my parents, they went out to the library and got me a copy of the book and some food from Daves Taverna because I had just run ten four hundred meter sprints. Well, the book I have to read is called A lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines. It's a surprisingly good read considering all I ever read is sci-fi and fantasy. Well, I'm on page 54 out of 74 so I should be getting back to that, but I need a break. I guess I'll just read off and on for a little while.


It's amazing what stress can do especially when you do extra activities that add more stress. I remember last year I had been assigned an impossible ammount of homework with XC added in and I just couldn't take it. I sat down and just sat there really, completely zoned out. It sucked because there was nothing I could do. Grizzly picked up on it and moved me to a quiet, dark room and let me do my homework in peace.

I saw that same event occur again today in a different form. One of the runners on the team -he's a freshman- is usually very out going and very playful. Insults normally slip off of him like water on rocks and he throws them right back. But today, a very simple joke that he was the ugliest on the team completely tore him apart. It took a second to hit him, and then he just put his head in his hands and wouldn't move or talk. I'm almost positive he was crying.

Grizzly told us to go warm up and near the end of our streatches he came out and ran a mindless warm up lap. He sreatched in complete silence and didn't move any more than he had to. All through practice he was like that, he was in a mindless state. He ran his workouts at full speed without a thought that it might hurt.

Ick. I hope he gets better. He better get better.





Night

Artemis Entreri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I read alot of your blogs. I can relate to a lot of them. Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

That freshman is all right today in class, same old giggly person. Im supposed to be working but I went to your website instead.