Saturday, November 18, 2006

Progressions

I've just realized how fast I really progressed with guitar. I've hit exactly a year I believe since I first picked up my moms classical guitar. In about two months, I'll have had an electric for a year. I think I should count that as my beginning, because quite frankly, I still can't play that classical guitar. I mean, I'm still no where close to being considered good, even though, I will admit, I'm better. When I look back before I had my strat, I even learned fast then.
1. Smoke on the Water (with one string)
2. Real Smoke on the Water
3. Iron Man
4. Crazy Train bass line
5. Crazy Train
6. Hells Bells
7. Don't Fear the Reaper
8. Stairwat to Heaven

Wow, quite a few jumps in there. When I think about it. Damn. Smoke on the Water, Ok a good beginners song, Iron Man, same. But Crazy Train? After a week? Well, and then hells bells after 2? And hey, Stairway after 4? Too bad it's getting really, really hard to improve. The hardest songs I can play are probably...... I don't know, some Zeppelin, or Eric Clapton stuff. I tend to stick to easier things like Classic Rock. The next step seems to be harder soloing than just pentatonic scales and blues scales. Or maybe, just... learning to write better music. I've probably written some 20 songs, but none of them are very good, so that would definately be a place to go. I get a little discouraged when I finally figure something out, and then I listen to it, and I realize, I'm disgracing the song to even try. I must have played I Fell Inside 70 times before I was like, OK, i figure I would be ok playing this in public. I'm going to try to record every song I know on this post, just so I have a place that I can see what I've stopped playing. Well, let's start with the recent ones.

All Around Me, Breathe Today, Cassie, Snowblind, Iron man, War Pigs, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Paranoid, N.I.B, Into the Void, Spiral Architect, Dirty Women, Warning, The Wizard, Sweet Leaf, Hells Bells, What do you do for Money Honey, TNT, Thunderstruck, You Shook Me All Night Long, Back in Black, Who Are You, Baba O'riley, Pinball Wizard, I Hate Everything About You, Home, Time of Dying, Animal I have Become, Wonderwall, Layla, Layla, Further on up the Road, Cocaine, American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Holiday, Wake me up When September Ends, Kryptonite, I Fell Inside, In Bloom, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Blue Orchid, Hello Operator, Hotel Yorba, Apple Blossom, Death Letter, The Hardest Button to Button, Seven Nation Army, Black Math, In the Cold Cold Night, Jolene, Do, When I Hear My Name, Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground, Fell In Love With a Girl, Walking With a Ghost, Dream On, Up On Cripple Creak, Sunshine of your Love, All Along the Watchtower, Good Times Bad Times, Dazed and Confused, Immigrant Somg, Communication Breakdown, Stairway to Heaven, Heartbreaker, Sweet Home Alabama, Dissaray, Crazy Train, Fallen Angel, Steady as She Goes, Store Bought Bones, Californication, Dani California, Snow (Hey Oh), Tell Me Baby, We Believe, Rock You Like A Hurricane, No One Like You, Big City Nights, Rhythm of Love, Send me and Angel, Meant to Live, Roundabout, Sing You to Sleep (Road Lullaby), Don't Fear The Reaper, Accidently In Love, Free Fallin', St. Jimmy, City of the Damned, I Don't Care, Purple Haze, White Room|1|

There, that's like 300 words so.... 100 songs? I think, and I know it's not all of them. I'll keep adding them, so check back if you really want to know. I'll put a |no.| at the end of every section.

Night

4 comments:

Hillary said...

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!! you wrote that!!! and it rocked!!

Zach said...

Hah, you wrote the lyrics, and gave it a title. And I've recently taken the same music, and ripped it apart, and made a new song, since I wasn't satisfied

Hillary said...

did you keep the lyrics and title?
cause we all know they were the best part. kidding!

Zach said...

Hah, actually, I took out the guitar part for the verse and switched the chords around, and got rid of the title and lyrics : \