Wednesday, November 15, 2006

~Whimpers

Anything but, average school day. I seem to have run across a streak of bad luck. In art, I was tripping over everything and it kept hitting the worst parts of my body on sharp corners and such. Then, just walking down the hall, well up the stairs, I kinda sorta tripped. When I got into English I ran right into a desk and proceeded to hit my shin on a chair leg. Well, that was my only mishap in English, and I made it down to lunch fine. Now, usually, I’m very agile, I can get around people easily, I can hop through clusters of chairs. Not today. The first time I tried to slide by a guy my bag swung and hit him. Smooth, yeah he was mad, and when I tried to jump over some chairs, my foot got caught and I fell. Amazing. I kept doing random things like that in lunch.

Now, for the absolute worst part, gym. Gym has gone too far. I got knocked out today, I mean out cold, unconscious, on the ground, unaware. No, I wasn’t out much more than a minute (I think.) But still! I did it in the most ridiculous way too. We were playing flag grab (sharks and minnows) and on the very first run I went out right behind some freshman. Well the flag grabber (shark) went and pushed the freshman into me. Well, I’m usually pretty deft. ~spins~ Owww damn, bad idea. Before I knew it, well I never really knew it, I was on the ground, out. I was told my legs were taken out and I flipped backwards. Yeah, I went the back of my head first, crashing into the gym floor. All I remember was a black…. Oval… in the back of my vision. Then I remember kind of hearing Brice ask if I was all right, and then……Butler and Rath were standing above me and everything was spinning and the back of my head felt hot, and I had a giant ache behind my eyes. I’m pretty sure I broke the skin, because I felt something running, but I haven’t managed to find any dried blood or cuts. But ouch. I mean, it really hurt. I’m not sure if I was crying, but there were some tears welled up in mine eyes. Butler helped me up and I sort of, hobbled to the bleachers where I elected to sit out the rest of the game.

My reflexes have been really slow the rest of the day, and thinking hard hurts a lot. That’s a problem when you have a geometry test next period. I don’t think I did so bad, but I know it wasn’t A material.

Hey, on the bright side. I get to go see The Karl Rove tonight at TLG. I can’t wait. Except for the fact that it starts at 9, and I’ll be out till probably midnight, on a school night. Ugh.




~Artemi...what's my name?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahahah
You sound like me.
I'm sorry.

Hillary said...

hugs