Saturday, December 23, 2006

Crash

Well, yesterday was amazing except for the long bus ride up. We were going to watch Pirates, but since it's a disney movie and the trip was paid for, watching it would be illegal. Bah, says I. I zoned out for a while and watched the scenery go by. After maybe an hour the small LCD screen flickered to life and an advertisement for some company came up. Oh, what now, I thought. "Step Up." Oh God, a dance movie. Shoot me. Psh, I thought I'll just turn my music up loud and not pay attention, that's all right. But for various reasons, I decided to watch the first scene just for the hell of it. All right, I'm impressed. It actually turned out to be a really good movie, which means a lot comming from me. I personally didn't like the music, but what can I expect? After the movie had finally finished we were close enough to Lancaster that there was a buzz about the bus. Jordan and I talked non stop for the remaining half hour. Politics, religion, people, places, things, everything, we just talked, and seemed to agree on about everything too.

By 3:30 we were taking a tour of the theatre and talking to one of the actors, who is trying to come see out show. That'll be interesting. Professional vs. high school, we'll see. The theatre is actually a really nice place. They have almost no wing space, but they have plenty of other room, and it just seems actor friendly. I think we managed to get out of there around 4:30 and we had to make it to dinner at 5ish. Dinner, dinner dinner, what to say about dinner. I never want to look at food again. It was really good, and I had four plates topped with food. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, shrimp, baked apples, cheesecake, jello, apple pie, good eats. I think we were supposed to be out by 6:30, and that wa sjust too much time. Jordan and I went to the gift shop and looked around for random amish stuff, and then we were sitting on these really slick chairs, and Drew was sliding up and down them and such. The bus trip to the theatre seemed much shorter than it was to dinner. I felt like I was walking off by the time I finally got back to my seat.

Ahaha, suckers, no lines. We got in rather quickly because we were special and yeah. Elana, Robbie, Emily, Eric and I stood around talking and such before the house opened. The theatre felt really cramped and uncomfortable where we were, but then again I was hot, and I was trapped between two people, bad combonation. I was surprised in the opening scene, and not very impressed. The childrens chorus was a little shrill, and they weren't always entirely on the right notes, but maybe that's just my imagination. But then again, Oliver always sounded winded, and at one point his voice cracked on a high note and he dropped it. It only got better though, the adults were very talented although some of them I didn't like their singing styles. The whole play was pretty good overall, and a lot of the characters did an amazing job. Dodger, Mr and Mrs Bumble, Sikes, Fagan and Nancy were particularly good. I was dying to get out in the cold by the end of the play. Rain glorious rain. It was freezing outside and I loved it.

The bus ride back didn't look very promising at first. We stopped on the side of the highway for about half an hour for various car fluid problems. No one really cared, of course we opted to just spend the night on the bus, which I think would have been a horrible idea. We were watching Cars most of the time and I tried to sleep but nothing was comfortable. No matter how you twist or turn something's cramped, there's just no way around it. I finally decided I'd just stay up. After Cars had ended many people were asleep, or out cold, so I figured I'd go up front and see who was still alive. Ah, Elana, she's still awake. Geeze, we talked for 2 1/2 hours I would guess. It was nice to just talk, with no care in the world. At first I was across from her, but Jenny's little sister was drifting off so I let her sleep in the chair I was in and went to sit next to Elana. It was surprisingly comfortable because we had just the opposite ways we were comfortable. I perfer to be in the smallest place possible while she likes to spread out. I was easily more comfortable there than back in the back where Jordan and I both huddled against the walls. I think the only reason I was still awake was our conversation. Music, soccer, running, life, childhood, people. Just everything that came to mind.

Finally around 3:00 we pulled into HHS and I was draining fast. Good thing Mum got to school really fast. I waved to Swartz and next thing I knew I was in my bed, and next it was 8:00. Yeah, that was worth it. I love drama.

: D


Night Dearies.

2 comments:

Feather Rocketship said...

Aww, I'm so sad I missed that.

Greetings from Myrtle Beach!

Seriso

Hillary said...

sounds like a fabulous day!