Friday, December 01, 2006

Uuuuuh.

Ok, so my day didn't turn out as previously stated. I didn't go to hometown music, so I didn't get a pedal, and I went to El Charro instead of TLG. But, instead I did fix up my first guitar and make it all nice. First of all, I took an allen wrench to the thing, and lowered all of the strings so they lay right above the frets. This makes the strings easier to push down, so it's easier to make a sound, so to speak. Next, I oiled the neck, making it slippery, so my hand and fingers slide down the neck faster. And last, well, I just did this actually, I looked at the nasty crack I put in the finish, and I made sure it wasn't getting any bigger. It's back to being a pretty fast guitar, almost as fast as when I first got it. Oooh, but I have plans for that guitar though. The first time I started taking lessons, my guitar teacher had an amazing strat, but I never looked at it, because I knew nothing about guitars. But yesterday, he pulled it out again. Ahhhh! Awesome!
Right now, this very minute, I'm going to rant about guitars, one of my favorite things to do. Ignore this paragraph if you don't care. It's a classic white, standard strat, with a million upgrades. What I like most though, is they body is battred, scratched and beaten. The finsih has worn through in four areas, and I can't count the number of dings it has. Second of all, it has two humbuckers, one of the bridge and one on the neck, with a single coil in the middle of the two. Next, I'll bet you could et any sound out of that guitar. It has coil tapping leading to each of the humbucker coils, as well as the standard strat five way switch, and two les paul switches for the humbuckers. It seems to have additions to add to sustain and keep the guitar in tune while still having a tremelo bar. It's got additions to the tremelo, probably made by some outside company, as well as a replacement nut. Ooohh, I think if I asked him, he'd help me customize my own to be something like that. Of course I'd have to change a few things, and add some. First of all, I don't care about tremelo bars so that could be replaced by a hard tail bridge. Second, I don't like the style nuts he uses, so I would replace it with a fine ebony or bone one for added tone and sustain. Next, I might use different coil tapping methods, or actually, same ones, with different pots. Instead of using les paul flip switches, I might just use regular flip switches. He uses maple necks, for the brighter sound, I figure I might use a rosewood one, maybe maple, who knows. But hands down, I'm keeping the body I have. I don't give a damn if it's alder, ash, or cardboard, I love that body. It's a beautiful tobacco sunburst, styled after the 60th av ones, except, the top is like, I'm not sure what it's called, but it's split like a book so you can see the wood grains. Oh, and by the way, this by NO means means I have lost love for my PRS. I will never sell that guitar, let alone, stop playing it, I may switch out the pickups, but that will be one of my main guitars.

Well then, I'm done now. After all that rant, I'm actually in a worse mood now. For those of you special people who read my very upset post before I deleted it. I'm getting those same feelings. I feel... betrayed, I don't feel like I can trust anyone, and I feel very, open, and unprotected. Kind of like, when you wake up in the middle of the night, shaking for all you're worth, clinging to your blankets trying to keep warm. You feel like you don't want to get up, don't want to move, but you're so cold, you need to get up, you need to get an extra blanket or something. I'm getting that horribly clingy feeling, where I know I need to find someone I can trust, someone I can talk to with out worrying, but I don't want to, I don't want to take the chance. I'd rather hold onto what little warmth I have left, than seek more. It's a downward spiral, the less and less I trust people, the colder I get. It's ironic that right now, I feel sick. I'm sweating like a pig, I'm over heated, and I feel like I've run 12 miles in the dead of summer. But, I also have a cold sweat running down the side of my face and back. It tingles as it works its way across my skin, to collect in little droplets, making me shiver.
And how quickly my mood changes, suddenly, talking to Seriso, I'm getting that warm feeling again, and everything seems a little better. But, once again, in seconds, it drops again. I need to fix this. Yes, I said I.

Good night.

~Artemis Entreri





No comments: