I'm Glad to be of Service.
Finally my guitar playing amounts to something, in all seriousness. I feel like I finally have some reward for all of those hours spent playing, honing my craft. I'm really happy I learned to play mums old classical guitar, it just sounds more soothing and comforting. Soft nylon strings compared to my ole steel string Mark II. You know? I seem to write my best songs on the spot improvising or just messing around. I've written a couple playing late at night, but as it was late at night, I forgot. I'll be sure to write this one down. If you're ever been out west, to Mesa Verde or a similar place, and you listen to the music played there, thats what it soudns like. An odd flute, maybe mixed with some chimes. Music amazes me, yet further, even more than last night. What is it with sounds, sounds that blend and transition, smooth sounds, warm sounds, that feel so comforting. If you've ever watched a good horror movie you know music plays a roll, you know something is going to happen when the haunting music comes on, maybe just a bass in the back ground, but music nonetheless. Or, hmm, I guess with a tragic movie, usually songs in a minor key, usually slow. Or what about those epic ones, with a huge orchestra blaring out fast, punchy, loud music. Take Pirates of the Carribbean(sp) listen to the song He's a Pirate, it's the main theme. I don't understand, and thats what annoys me most. I just don't understand, I can't even ask a question. What is it, with this music. How can sad songs make you sad, what makes a sad song sad, how is music even made, what is music, what about a string vibrating the air is music, what about blowing air through a tube is music. What is that sound, where does it come from, why are we so attuned to it, why some more than others, why why why bloody why.
I think I'll be contemplating this for a while, I now see why some musicians go mad. Whatever, I enjoy music, and my strive to understand it. Maybe it's not meant to be understood. We'll see now won't we.
Night

No comments:
Post a Comment