Saturday, December 16, 2006

So.

No one's on, and I'm not complaining. It's quiet. I have my music playing softly in the background, light stuff, classic rock, blues, a little jazz. I've got two new books that I got earlier today. One I've been waiting for since July, and I decided to get it, because I was tired of waiting. The other is the next book in the Wheel of Time. I'm in 8 now... addicting. Camila told me to stop when I was on 4. Couldn't do it. Today was a pretty slow day, I was at home most of the day, but mum and I went out to wal mart and Barnes and Noble, and she let me drive in some parking lot. You know? I haven't touched my guitar since I woke up. That's odd for me, normally I'd have been playing like 8 hours already. Albeit, I've played my two acoustics a LITTLE bit. Hmm. My playlists seem to like Bruce Springsteen tonight. Prove it All Night, Thunder Road, Jungleland, Born to Run, Blinded by the Light. All within ten or so songs. Can't complain about that. I like Springsteen, and I'm in no mood for heavy music. Now's when I wish I had a radio in this room. I have a lot of classic rock, but not the classic rock. Meh, I guess that's what radios are for.

I can't believe it's 11, and I haven't even realized it got dark. I looked out my window, and dang! It's dark! What time is it? 11??? What!? Yeah, my day seems to have abruptly ended. I'm seriously considering staying up till like three. Well, if there's one person on who I don't mind talking to. I feel like talking more about music, and it's interesting qualities. Do you ever associate certain songs with certain people? Most people or places seem to have music to them. Douthet Park rings with Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd because that’s all I listened to. Hm. I can’t think of a good example for a person and a song. I think music is intertwined with memory. Whenever I hear Blinded by the Light, -the Manfred Man version- I think of Seussical, and the hot lights, and laying down on the stage, and when I hear I am the Walrus, I think of Klines ice cream. Classic rock in general reminds me of cold, and snow, and fires, and chess. Because when I first got into classic rock, I was out playing in the snow all day, and then I would come in and sit by the fire playing chess. I can remember every smell, every detail, all of the clothes I was wearing, all of the tastes from the places I associate with music. Take Camila’s, I can’t remember the song, but I remember her house like I had just walked out.

Hey, it’s 11:11. Hah, I hate my clock.

1 comment:

Alexander Initiative said...

Yellow matter custard, dripping from my ice cream cone...

That song is actually playing now, which is a strange coincidence.